Monday, June 21, 2010

Banana Crumb Muffins

I am my toughest critic, really I am. I usually have a number of brave and eager guinea pigs who are willing to taste test my baked goods. Therefore, I hardly ever have to try anything I bake. They tell me "yay" or "nay" and that is all I need to know.

But when these scrumptious muffins came out the oven, I couldn't resist! If there was a banana crumb muffin scented candle- this would be it. The smell of these muffins perfumed my kitchen that afternoon and I succumbed to the temptation when I pulled them out the oven. Moist, banana-y and just perfect. They are hands down one of the best things I've ever baked in life- EVER.





Banana Crumb Muffins

1/2 cup oil
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed banana
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Crumble Topping:
2 tablespoons cold butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Mix together oil and sugars
2. Add the eggs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
3. Add the mashed bananas
4. Stir in flour until well incorporated
5. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients of the topping, add the butter and break them apart with your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
6. Spoon the banana batter into a lined muffin tin and top with a heaping tablespoon of the crumble topping
7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment